Monday, May 18, 2009

Treading Along

Treadmills are great, you can stay inside when the weather is nasty, no dogs chasing you down the street, your mileage and time are measured for you and you get a really good workout. That is unless your treadmill has a mind of its own, like mine. I like to run on the treadmill but I'll be going along just fine at a really good pace when the belt just stops, and then it just starts again. Talk about a jolt on the old body. This is why I've chosen to do Leslie Sansone's DVD's this time while I'm getting fit. Even if the power goes out on the DVD machine, I can keep going and not pull my back out. I did 45 minutes on the 3 mile walk today, and believe me when I say there's no slacking here. Leslie works you pretty hard and using the weights during the walking program is making me stronger. Of course I couldn't find my weights for a few days so I was using soup cans, full of course, as some added weight to the program. Jim was so kindly going to open them for me, but I passed and said they would work better if unopened. What a helper! Leslie also has a pilates DVD that I'm anxious to try, maybe tomorrow. I'm hoping to do my yoga on the Wii Fit because I really do miss it. Hoping for the best! Our webwalking team is doing great, it's nice being accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment