Friday, October 23, 2009

Funny But Sadly True

I saw this poem on Funnypoets.com and got such a charge out of it, I had to share it with you. Hope you laugh as hard as I did.

Growing Old Gracefully

There's a mole on my neck that's growing a hair
When I was younger it wasn't there
A lot of things changed since I've grown older
like my fallen arches and this hump on my shoulder

Yesterday I noticed a twitch in one eye
and spots on my hand that resemble a fly
I used to be able to party all night
but now to stay awake until five is a fight

My breasts used to be firm and quite pert
Now I have to be careful they don't drag in the dirt
Gravity surely has taken its toll
What was once on the surface is now in a hole

The backs of my arms are wobbly like jelly
and I found the remote tucked under my belly
I used to eat steak but now I can't chew it
Growing old gracefully. I don't think I can do it

Copyright; Donna Vickodil

No comments:

Post a Comment