Monday, June 8, 2009

The Journey


My journey to 60 isn't going as good as I would like, you see I'm not doing what I need to do to change. Sure I keep saying things like "tomorrow will be different", "this time I'll make the leap to success", etc. You get the picture. Sad one that it is. I was reading a forum this morning (hence the picture to the left, not quite a self portrait "lol") and there were some really helpful hints and I'd like to share my hints with you.
  • Be honest with yourself! Know who you are and who you want to be.
  • Think about your relationship with the foods you eat and the exercise you do and what
    benefits you get from those relationships.
  • Find someone who has similar health and fitness issues that you can relate to and create a relationship with, via in person or over the internet. Chat rooms and blogs are easy ways to do this.
  • Remind yourself each day who you want to be and who you are now. Choose the one
    that is healthier and fitter and make your choices for the day be something that your "want to be" self is proud of.
  • Don't give up! If you believe you can do it, YOU CAN! Give yourself time to accomplish your goal. Remember this didn't happen overnight and it won't go away overnight, but it will go away with your help.
Now if only I could practice what I preach and do all of these steps I'd be in much better shape to welcome my 60th birthday! If I don't do something soon, I'll have to change the title of my blog to "Closing in on 61". :-)

1 comment:

  1. You have a great attitude and are a very good writer! Nice job. Great sense of humor also.

    ReplyDelete