Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I Know, I Know...

I know, I have not only not posted for a few days, but I haven't really done a lot of exercise either. That "lack of motivation" thing has set in again and my time is not being well spent. I even signed up to monitor some blogs that are motivational, thinking they would work, but no cigar!!! I'm hoping when my treadmill gets fixed (maybe by the end of next week) that I'll get back into the swing of things. Maybe part of my problem is that I don't have a goal in mind. When I had signed up to do the Disney World 1/2 Marathon, I was motivated by the fact that I didn't want to collapse on the course or have the sweepers pick me up half way through. For those that don't know what a sweeper is, let me explain. You're walking or running the course behind the crowd a bit and apparently the organizers don't think you're moving fast enough so they send out the sweepers to sweep you into a van and take you to the finish line. This of course means no medal for all the hard work you did do. If you find yourself in the back of the pack and someone yells "the sweepers are coming, the sweepers are coming", run like the wind and don't let them catch you. Having done this race a couple of times has helped me stay motivated while training, maybe this is what I need to do, sign up for a race. Who am I trying to kid, I just need to get up and get out. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment