Sunday, March 14, 2010

Come and Gone

Well, my 60th came and went and I'm already 6 weeks into the adventure of being 61. My 60th found me at Disney World with Jim and Mickey of course! What a wonderful trip, although it was mighty cold for Florida, it really didn't stop us from enjoying every minute of our trip. Went on every roller coaster they had, wanted to prove that as I'm getting older I can really have a lot of fun doing things I want to. Since returning home, life has been a bit hectic with my job, my community involvement and life in general. But during this stressful time I realized that I need to make time for myself, just as we all should. Nothing can depress you quicker then realizing that you have to put yourself last in the scheme of things. Make the time, even 10 minutes of meditation, stretching, walking or whatever makes you relax will help you deal with the stress in your life. My latest venture is yoga, again. I seem to come back to this every time life causes me to be out of sorts. Although I now get up earlier on Wednesdays and Saturdays just to get my work done, this allows me to go to my 90 minute yoga class. This is my time! If there aren't yoga classes in your area or you just feel uncomfortable doing yoga in front of others, watch or record a yoga training program from your TV, borrow a yoga DVD from the local library or a friend, rent one from the video store or purchase one of your own. I really don't know what each pose is called and it doesn't matter to me, I just know that it's my ME time and I'm thankful for the opportunity to enjoy it. Hope you can too. Namaste :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment